Aker Wins Shetland Gas Plant Contract
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solutions announced Wednesday that it has won a three-year contract to provide operations and maintenance services to the new Shetland Gas Plant.
The contract, valid for three-and-a-half years with an optional two-year extension, will see the creation of up to 150 positions both onsite at the Shetland Gas Plant as well as onshore at Aker's Aberdeen operation.
"This is a significant contract for us and I am delighted that Total E&P UK has chosen to build on our long-standing partnership with the award of this important contract," said Mike Forbes, UK managing director of Aker's maintenance, modifications and operations business.
"The Shetland Gas Plant will be an integral part of the future UK gas supply and we are pleased our expertise and track record for delivery have been recognised and we can continue to be a part of the UK oil and gas success story together with Total E&P UK."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)