Kuwait Energy Strikes Oil in Egypt
Kuwait Energy announced a new oil discovery of Ahmad-2 well, located in the Area A license in the Gulf of Suez, Egypt, adjacent to the Shukheir North West field.
Kuwait Energy is the operator of the Area A license under a service agreement with Egypt's General Petroleum Company (GPC). Kuwait Energy holds a 70 percent working interest in the license, and the remaining 30 percent interest is held by Petrogas E&P, of Oman.
The Ahmad-2 well encountered oil in the Rudeis formation for the first time in the Shukheir North West field and Ahmad area, and initial tests showed a production flow rate of 1,300 barrels of oil per day (bopd). This is the fifth exploration success in the Area A concession, and the 19th discovery in Egypt for Kuwait Energy since 2008.
Kuwait Energy's Chief Executive Officer, Sara Akbar, said, "We are delighted to announce yet another exploration success at the Area A concession, which follows the discovery of the West Ahmad-1X well earlier this year. Area A is now our largest producing oil asset in Egypt and we look forward to more successes."
Kuwait Energy started operating in Egypt in 2008 and its operations there contribute the largest share to the Company's current total working interest production. In Egypt, the Company operates three oil blocks, Area A, Burg El Arab development lease and the Abu Sennan concession, and has interests in two other non-Company-operated blocks, namely the Mesaha concession and the East Ras Qattara development lease.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.