Faroe Announces Spud of Spaniards East Well
Faroe Petroleum announced Monday the spudding of the Spaniards East prospect in the UK North Sea. The well was spud by the WilPhoenix (mid-water semisub) drilling rig.
Spaniards East is on Block 15/21a to the south of the Perth field and close to the producing Scott field in the central North Sea. The well is targeting Upper Jurassic reservoirs and is expected to take approximately 40 days to drill.
"We are pleased to announce the spudding of this exploration well adjacent to the Perth field, which will be drilled without cost to Faroe Petroleum," Faroe Chief Executive Graham Stewart said in a company statement.
"In the meantime Faroe is participating in three further exploration wells scheduled to be drilled in the next six months in both UK and Norwegian waters and we await the results from the BP operated North Uist well, West of Shetland."
Drilling operations at Spaniards East are being conducted by Premier Oil. Faroe Petroleum holds an 8.4-percent interest. Other partners in the well include Serica Energy, Cairn Energy, Parkmead, Maersk Oil and Atlantic Petroleum.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)