Seadrill Partners Sees IPO of 8.75 Million Units Pricing at $20 to $22
Seadrill Partners LLC estimated terms of its initial public offering at 8.75 million units at a price between $20 and $22 a piece.
The limited liability company--formed by Norwegian oil-services company Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL, SDRL.OS) to own, operate and acquire offshore drilling rigs--last month filed plans for an IPO estimated at up to $225 million.
Seadrill Partners said it will use the proceeds to buy from Seadrill Ltd. interests in Seadrill Operating LP and Seadrill Capricorn Holdings LLC, which own and operate Seadrill Partners's offshore drilling rigs.
After the planned offering, Seadrill Partners said it will own a 30% stake in Seadrill Operating and a 51% stake in Seadrill Capricorn Holdings.
The company said its drilling rigs are under long-term contracts with major oil companies, such as Chevron Corp. (CVX), Total S.A. (TOT, FP.FR), BP PLC (BP, BP.LN) and Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM), with an average remaining term of 3.1 years as of June 30, according to its regulatory filing.
Seadrill Partners said its profit rose 5.6% to $93.9 million as revenue increased 11% to $275.2 million for the six months ended June 30.
The company's units have been approved to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SDLP.
Seadrill Ltd. in August reported its second-quarter earnings fell 14% as higher operating expenses masked the company's 13% rise in revenue.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil's Reserves Jump 19% On Growth In US Shale, UAE (Feb 09)
- ExxonMobil Hits Baytown Ethane Cracker Milestone (Feb 07)
- ExxonMobil Stock Rout Deepens as Profit Flub Meets S&P 500 Plunge (Feb 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Mulling Participation in Brazil's March Oil Auction (Feb 06)
- Chevron Sells First Condensate Cargo From Australia's Wheatstone LNG (Feb 05)
- ExxonMobil, Chevron Disappoint by Missing Out on Industry Rebound (Feb 02)