Allied Energy Hires Halliburton as Consultant for Oyo Well
CAMAC Energy Inc. announced that Allied Energy PLC, an affiliate of the Company's largest shareholder and the operator of its Nigerian deep water blocks, OML 120 and OML 121, has engaged Halliburton Energy Services Inc. as consultant for the drilling of Oyo #7 well currently scheduled to spud in the first quarter of 2013.
Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry, serving the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir in approximately 80 countries. Halliburton will provide a study to assess the feasibility, complexity and operational risk associated with successfully drilling and completing Oyo well #7 as currently proposed. Halliburton will also provide ideas for alternative configurations of the well that could both reduce risk and cost while achieving the objectives of testing the exploration target in the Miocene and producing from the currently producing Pliocene sands.
"Adding Halliburton to the project team for Oyo well #7 is an important step in ensuring its ultimate success," said Senior Vice President of Exploration and Production, Segun Omidele. "We are confident that Halliburton's experienced, integrated, and multi-disciplinary team will provide the intellectual resources necessary to design and implement the most optimal drilling and completion solution."
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Allied Energy Group, Inc. more info
- Allied Energy Hires Halliburton as Consultant for Oyo Well (Oct 11)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Production Resumed at Allied Well (Mar 14)
Company: CAMAC more info
- ABS Certification Process on FPSO Armada Perdana Delays Oyo-8 Production (Apr 01)
- BGP Completes 2D Seismic Survey in Kenya's Blocks L-1B, L-16 (Feb 11)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)