Aker Wins Statoil Wireline Tractor Contract
Aker Solutions announced Monday that it has won a contract with Statoil to deliver wireline tractor services for the Norwegian Continental Shelf in a deal that it expects will generate revenues in excess of $17.5 million (NOK 100 million) per year.
The frame agreement is valid for four years between 2013 and 2017, with two additional two-year options to extend the contract. Aker will deliver well intervention services using wireline tractor technology and application tools it has developed itself.
Platforms that that will receive the wireline tractor services include Statfjord, Volve, Sleipner, Snorre, Gudrun, Dagny and Ermintrude. Aker will also provide wireline tractor services to several fields on the NCS.
"Statoil already has a recovery rate of 50 percent on their fields. They now have an ambition of increasing that to 60 percent. Both these figures are quite remarkable. We look forward to continue supporting Statoil in reaching their ambitious recovery rate target," said Wolfgang Puennel, head of well intervention services in Aker Solutions, in a statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)