Aker Wins Extension to Troll Contract
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solutions announced Friday that it has been awarded an extension to its Troll field contract with Statoil.
The Troll field on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) is the world's biggest subsea development in terms of subsea wells and Aker Solutions last year managed to deliver the 100th subsea tree to the field. The extension, valued at $44 million (NOK 250 million), will see Aker deliver a further three subsea trees, tubing hangers and a tool package to the field.
Troll is located in the northern part of the North Sea, approximately 40 miles west of Kollsnes near Bergen in Norway. It contains 40 percent of the total gas reserves on the NCS and is also one of the largest oil fields on the shelf. Under the extension to its contract, Aker will supply equipment to the oil section of Troll.
"Troll represents a cornerstone of Norway's offshore oil and gas production with Aker Solutions being involved since 1996. We look forward to executing this contract and assisting Statoil to realise all of the opportunities on the Troll field," said Alan Brunnen, executive vice president of Aker Solutions' subsea business area, in a statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)