Aker Bags $400M Offshore Services Contract with Brunei Shell Petroleum
Norway's Aker Solutions revealed Thursday that it has won a $400 million (NOK 2.3 billion) contract to manage and construct offshore assets for Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP).
The contract duration is five years with an option of two additional years. The work for BSP starts immediately, with the first offshore campaign scheduled to run next year.
"Local business development will be a priority. Aker Solutions will work to develop local business expertise to manage and deliver offshore construction and maintenance services to BSP," the company said in a statement.
The company's most prolific offshore asset is Champion, a field which lies in 99 feet (30 meters) of water, around 43 miles (70 kilometers) northeast of Seria. The field holds 40 percent of the country's known reserves and produces around 100,000 barrels of oil per day.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)