AAR would Likely Buy BP Stake with TNK-BP Funds
MOSCOW – AAR's bid for BP PLC's stake in TNK-BP would likely be financed by borrowing through TNK-BP, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.
BP put its 50% stake in Russia's No. 3 crude producer up for sale in June amid rising tensions with AAR, a group of four billionaires that owns the other half. BP is also in talks with Russian state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft.
The person familiar with the matter said AAR will make an offer for BP's stake in cash and will make its bid before mid-October when a 90-day period requiring BP to negotiate in good faith with AAR expires.
The person added that AAR hasn't yet determined the price of its offer for the stake, which analysts estimate is worth around $25 billion.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)