Aker Solutions Lands Jackup Drilling Equipment Gig
Aker Solutions has won a contract from Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co. Ltd to supply a complete drilling equipment package for a new jackup drilling rig, being built by the Chinese yard.
The contract value is undisclosed. The new rig is of the 2000E jackup design.
"We are pleased to see Aker Solutions' competitive position in the jackup market, which remains active," said Thor Arne Håverstad, head of drilling technologies in Aker Solutions.
The equipment will be delivered in 2013.
Aker Solutions will provide drilling equipment from its production units in Kristiansand and Asker in Norway as well as Houston, US and Erkelenz in Germany.
- Aker Solutions Lands Jackup Drilling Equipment Gig (Sep 25)
- China's Oil Experts Start Work on Developing Major Iraqi Field (Jan 05)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)