Technip Wins Gullfaks South Contract
Technip announced Friday it has been awarded by Statoil a contract for the fabrication, installation and tie-ins of flowlines for the Gullfaks South field development. The field is in the northern part of the North Sea, located approximately 118 miles (190 kilometers) northwest of Bergen, Norway, at water depths between 426 and 721 feet (130 and 220 meters).
The Gullfaks South project development will contribute to Statoil’s extensive initiatives on increased oil recovery and consists of two manifolds tied back to the existing Gullfaks South infrastructure by 12 miles (20 kilometers) of new flowlines. This development will be based on the use of direct electrical heating and pipe-in-pipe flowline technology.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway will execute the contract where offshore construction is scheduled for the first half of 2014. Technip’s spoolbase in Orkanger, Norway, will fabricate the flowlines. Offshore operations will be carried out by vessels from Technip’s fleet including the Apache II pipelay vessel and the new build construction vessel.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)