Pacific Drilling Delays Option for Eighth UDW Drillship
Pacific Drilling S.A. announced Wednesday that one of its subsidiaries has reached an agreement with Samsung Heavy Industries to extend, until December 15, 2012, its existing option to construct an eighth ultra-deepwater drillship, on substantially the same commercial terms, with delivery scheduled for the first quarter of 2015.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Pacific Drilling Limited more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- At $500 Million A Pop, It's An Oil Gamble That Has No Precedent (Sep 20)
- Pacific Drilling Cancels Contract with SHI to Build Pacific Zonda Drillship (Oct 30)
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Rig Worker Dies in Accident (Oct 21)