ExxonMobil Pens Ocean Rig Semisub for Dunquin Drilling
Providence Resources P.l.c. has now received formal notification from ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ireland (Offshore) Limited that a letter of intent has been signed with Ocean Rig UDW Inc. for the Eirik Raude (UDW semisub) drilling rig.
Under the terms of this Letter of Intent, it is proposed to utilize the Eirik Raude to drill an exploration well at Dunquin, located in Frontier Exploration Licence (FEL) 3/04, offshore Ireland with an estimated program duration of up to 6 months. Subject to satisfactory contract and corporate and co-venturer approvals, the rig is scheduled to commence this contract in the first quarter of 2013.
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ireland (Offshore) Limited (27.5% interest) operates FEL 3/04 on behalf of its partners, Eni Ireland B.V. (27.5% interest), Repsol Exploracion Irlanda, S.A. (25% interest), Providence Resources Plc (16.0% interest) and Sosina Exploration Limited (4.0% interest).
"We are extremely pleased to confirm that this letter of intent has now been agreed, and that drilling operations at Dunquin are being planned to start in 1Q 2013. The Dunquin well forms an important part of Providence's ongoing Irish multi-basin, multi-well drilling program," Chief Executive of Providence Tony O'Reilly said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)