Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September
Indonesia's oil and gas regulator BP Migas told Rigzone Friday that gas delivery from the Ruby field – sited in the Makassar Straits, offshore East Kalimantan – will start this month.
The regulator told Rigzone in an email statement that the block's operator, Pearl Oil, will install a 186-mile (300 kilometer) pipeline that will connect the Ruby field's production facilities to the Senipah field operated by Total E&P (Indonesie). Installation works are scheduled to start on Sept. 20, 2012.
"The early production of the field is estimated to reach 100 million standard cubic feet per day, and all the gas will be used for domestic industries," BP Migas disclosed.
The regulator acknowledged that the pipeline installation could affect local fishermen. "The government of Balikpapan will throw its full support on this activity … the government will coordinate with the community," BP Migas said in its written comment on the issue.
The Ruby field lies on the Sebuku Block, and its production and processing facilities include: two platforms, a tripod wellhead platform and a four-leg production platform. The development of the Ruby field was sanctioned by BP Migas in June 2011 for a production period of ten years.
The partners in the field are Pearl Oil (70%), Total E&P Sebuku (15%) and INPEX South Makassar (15%).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)