Technip Bags Flexible Pipe Supply Gig Offshore Brunei
Technip was awarded by Swiber Offshore Construction a flexible pipe supply contract for the Brunei Shell Petroleum's Champion Field, located 25 miles (40 kilometers) offshore Brunei, at a water depth of 148 feet (45 meters).
The contract covers the supply of 12 flexible flowlines, with a total length of 12 miles (19 kilometers).
Brunei Shell Petroleum will use these flexible pipes to increase the existing Champion Field production by redeveloping it. The Champion WaterFlood Project, divided into brown field and green field, will be carried out in several phases and will aim at increasing oil recovery from the field.
This award is an important milestone for Technip as it confirms the cost effectiveness of the flexible pipe solution for shallow water field redevelopment in Asia. It also reinforces Technip's position as the primary flexible pipes supplier in Asia Pacific.
Technip's operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2013. The flexible flowlines will be manufactured at Technip's Asiaflex Products plant in Tanjung Langsat, Malaysia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Swiber Offshore Pte. Ltd. more info
- Technip Bags Flexible Pipe Supply Gig Offshore Brunei (Aug 23)
- Lamprell Scores Platform Construction Contracts Offshore India (Feb 08)
- Swiber, Alam Maritim to Jointly Operate DLB Offshore Malaysia (Sep 17)