Norwest Preps for Second Fracking Stage at Arrowsmith
Norwest Energy reported that the Arrowsmith-2 well is continuing to produce gas during the flow back and clean up of Stage 1, the High Cliff Sandstone (HCSS) target of the fracture stimulation program.
The gas flow rate is now steadily increasing as the water production rate drops, and overnight the well was diverted through the Expro separator in order to measure rates. Over a period of 40 minutes, Expro reported that the gas rate peaked at 777 MMscf/d, with an average rate over that period of 446 MMscf/d.
These reported rates are extremely pleasing, particularly as the well is still in the clean up phase of the program. Once the well has produced back the majority of the injected fluid, it is expected that the gas flow rate will further stabilize, and a more established rate of flow will be determined.
Norwest is now preparing for Stage 2 of the hydraulic fracture stimulation program – the Irwin River Coal Measures (IRCM) target. The IRCM is at a depth of 9,675 feet (2,949 meters) and approximately 1,083 feet (330 meters) thick in the vicinity of Arrowsmith-2, and is a hybrid shale/sandstone interval.
Norwest will continue to release a weekly update each Thursday for the duration of the activities on site, with operations expected to continue for another 5-6 weeks.
The participants in the EP413/Arrowsmith Joint Venture are:
- Norwest Energy NL (Operator) 27.945%
- AWE Limited (via subsidiary ARC Energy Ltd) 44.252%
- Bharat PetroResources Ltd 27.803%
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Norwest Energy NL more info
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)