Bloomberg: Cnooc to Seek $5B Of Offshore Debt for Nexen Deal
Cnooc Ltd. is seeking approximately $5 billion in offshore financing from foreign banks to fund its acquisition of Canada's Nexen Inc., Bloomberg news reported Tuesday on its website, citing two unnamed people familiar with the matter.
Cnooc is considering a bridge loan as well as longer-term financing of three or five years, the people said in the report.
"We intend to fund the purchase price from existing cash resources and external financing," a Beijing-based Cnooc spokesman said via email yesterday, the report said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)