Tryfan Well Deemed 'Sub-Commercial'
Valiant Petroleum plc announced that drilling has completed on the Tryfan prospect (Valiant, 33.33%) located in UK Block 3/17. Apache North Sea operates the license.
The well encountered both Frigg and Dornoch sandstones on prognosis with a small gas column present at the top of the Frigg formation interpreted to be sub-commercial. The well will now be plugged and abandoned.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)