Gazprom Neft Makes Bid for BP's Stake in TNK-BP
An arm of Russian state-controlled Gazprom has lodged a bid for BP's $25 billion stake in its venture in the country, The Sunday Times reports.
The newspaper said Gazprom Neft has made an offer for TNK-BP, citing three sources involved in the process. It did not identify the sources by name.
The move will increase pressure on AAR, the group controlled by BP's Russian billionaire partners that owns the other half of TNK-BP, said the newspaper.
BP could be not reached for comment.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
Company: OAO Gazprom more info
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)