CNOOC Pens PSC with Primeline for Block in East China Sea
CNOOC Limited announced Monday that its parent company, China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has signed a production sharing contract (PSC) with Primeline Energy China Limited (PECL) and Primeline Petroleum Corporation (PPC) (jointly as "Primeline") for Block 33/07 in the East China Sea.
Block 33/07 is located about 242 miles (390 kilometers) of Shanghai in the East China Sea. It covers a total area of 2,269 square miles (5,877 square kilometers), with water depth of 295 feet (90 meters).
According to the terms of the contract, Primeline will conduct 3D seismic data survey and drill exploration wells in Block 33/07 during the exploration period, in which all expenditures incurred will be borne by Primeline. CNOOC has the right to participate in up to 51 percent working interest in any commercial discoveries in the block.
Mr. Zhu Weilin, Executive Vice President of the Company and General Manager of Exploration Department commented, "This is the fourth Petroleum Contract that Primeline has signed with CNOOC. We value our relationship with Primeline and expect great results from our cooperation."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Primeline more info
- CNOOC Pens PSC with Primeline for Block in East China Sea (Jun 18)
- Primeline Completes Initial Post Well Evaluation in East China Sea (Sep 13)
- Primeline, CNOOC Enter Framework Agreement for LS 36-1 Field (Jul 19)