Apache Spuds Tryfan Well
Valiant Petroleum plc announced that drilling has commenced at the Tryfan prospect (Valiant, 33.33%) located in UK Block 3/17 and operated by Apache North Sea Limited.
Tryfan is an Eocene channelized sand play in the UK Northern North Sea which benefits from a strong seismic amplitude response.
Tryfan has gross prospective resources estimated internally by Valiant to be 24 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe) or net 8 MMboe. The well is estimated to take around 25 days to complete.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)