Fred. Olsen Semisub Wins BP Gig
Dolphin Drilling Ltd., a subsidiary of Fred. Olsen Energy ASA, has entered into a three year contract with BP Exploration Operating Company Ltd. for use of the drilling rig Byford Dolphin (mid-water semisub) for operations in the UK North Sea. The new contract will commence in direct continuation with current contract. The estimated contract value is $378 million. Option exists for a contract extension of a three year period.
The unit will undertake an early class renewal survey early 2014, including installment of a new BOP. The investment in a new five ram BOP, including commissioning and new control system, is estimated to $40 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil Said to Plan Tenfold Expansion of Cost-Cut Collaboration (Jan 23)
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Fred Olsen Production ASA more info
- Fred. Olsen Semisub Wins BP Gig (Jun 08)
- Lundin Opts for Additional Well with Bredford Dolphin Semisub (Feb 29)
- Fred. Olsen Enters LOI for FPSO Offshore Vietnam (Dec 09)