TGS Starts Faroe Shetland Survey
TGS commenced expansion of a 3D multi-client survey covering 772 square miles (2,000 square kilometers) in the Faroe Shetland Basin spanning the UK Faroe median line. The acquisition is in partnership with PGS and is completion of the previously announced FSB11 survey.
The new seismic data is being acquired by the PGS Ramform Viking towing 12 X 6,000 m with 75 m separation and utilizes PGS' GeoStreamer Technology. The new 3D data will play a critical role in the development of the Cambo and Tornado fields and provides new data coverage across exploration blocks applied for in the recent UK 27th License Round.
Data processing will be performed by both TGS and PGS and be available to clients in 2Q 2013. The survey is supported by industry funding.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)