Thailand's PTTEP Wins Exploration Blocks in Myanmar
Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production said Wednesday that it has been awarded blocks number PSC-G and EP-2 by the government of Myanmar under the country's 2011 onshore block bidding round.
The award sees PTTEP take a 90-percent interest in the blocks.
The remaining 10-percent interest is held by Win Precious Resources.
Block PSC-G and EP-2 are both in the Central Myanmar Basin, west of the new capital Nay Pyi Taw. The PSC-G acreage encompasses 5,148 square miles in Myanmar’s Taungdwingyi while EP-2 covers a span of 519 square miles in Aunglan.
The government of Myanmar awarded block number PSC-1 to South Asia-focused Jubilant Energy at the start of last week.
Myanmar's Onshore Blocks Bidding Round for last year was closed on August 23, 2011.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Jubilant Energy Ltd. more info
- Jubilant Well Successfully Flows Gas (Jun 03)
- Jubilant Spuds 4th Well at Kharsang (May 20)
- Jubilant Spuds Third Kharsang Well (Apr 22)