Origin Commences Geographe Drilling
Origin Energy Limited (Origin), on behalf of the VIC/L23 Joint Venture, announced that drilling of the Geographe 2 development well in Victoria's Otway Basin commenced at 00.30 hours on Tuesday, May 29, 2012.
Geographe 2 is one of two wells being drilled by Origin on behalf of the joint venture as part of the Geographe gas field development. The wells will be completed and connected to the existing Thylacine offshore platform via a subsea production system. Once operational, the field will be remotely controlled from shore.
Origin Chief Executive Officer, Upstream, Paul Zealand said, "Joint venture approval for the development of the Geographe field was obtained in October 2011 and the commencement of drilling represents the next important milestone in the development of this new production field for the Otway Gas Project."
VIC/L23 Participating Interests:
- Origin Energy Resources Ltd - Operator (67.23%)
- Benaris International Pty Ltd (27.77%)
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Otway Limited (5.0%)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)