TGS, Fugro Kick Off Summer Seismic Work in Europe
TGS has commenced the Europe 2012 summer season with two multi-client 2D surveys in cooperation with Fugro; North Sea Renaissance 2012 (NSR12) and Norwegian Barents Sea 2012 (NBR12). The NSR12 survey is 5,095 miles (8,200 kilometers) and is a regional infill West of Shetland. The NBR 12 survey is 7,456 miles (12,000 kilometers) and is a regional infill in the Barents Sea.
With these projects, TGS will continue to systematically build on the successful regional long offset database in the United Kingdom West of Shetlands and the Norwegian Barents Sea. Upon completion of the 2012 acquisition season, the long offset grid will total more than 186,411 miles (300,000 kilometers). The new long offset projects together with the previous year's programs will be important for companies in the early exploration phase as well as for license round preparation in both Norway and the UK.
The NSR12 survey is being acquired by the M/V Akademik Shatskyi and will be processed by TGS. The NBR12 survey is being acquired by the M/V Osprey Explorer and will be processed by both TGS and Fugro. Data will be available to clients during 1Q 2013.
These surveys are supported by industry funding.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company more info
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)