Origin to Plug, Abandon Thistle Well
Origin Energy, on behalf of the VIC/P43 Joint Venture, advises that the Thistle 1 exploration well, which spudded on 03:30 hours EDT on Thursday, April 19, 2012, has reached a total depth of 2,265 mRT. The well is being drilled using the drilling rig Stena Clyde (mid-water semisub).
No shows were encountered in the objective Waarre Sandstones. Plug and abandonment planning is underway.
Thistle 1 is an exploration well located in exploration permit VIC/P43, operated by Origin some 10 miles (16 kilometers) north-northwest of the Geographe gas field in the offshore Otway Basin.
Thistle 1 is a vertical well. The final surface location is:
- Latitude: 38° 57' 59.857" S
- Longitude: 142° 53' 27.748" E
VIC/P43 Participating Interests:
- Origin Energy Resources Ltd - Operator 67.23%
- Benaris Exploration (Otway) Pty Ltd 27.77%
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Otway Limited 5.0%
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)