Ocean Rig UDW Drillship Secures Total Rig Gig
Ocean Rig UDW Inc. has signed definitive documentation, following the previously announced Letter of Award, for its Ocean Rig Olympia (UDW drillship), with Total E&P Angola. The contract is for a three-year period for drilling offshore West Africa, with an estimated backlog of approximately $652 million. The contract is expected to commence in direct continuation of the Ocean Rig Olympia's existing contract in West Africa. The customer has the option to extend the contract for two periods of one year each, with the first option exercisable within one year from the commencement date under the drilling contract, and the second option exercisable within one year after the date of exercise of the first option.
"We are pleased to build on the relationship with Total E&P which started with the Leiv Eiriksson (UDW semisub) contract for operations in the North Sea. With five high specification rigs open in 2013 we are well positioned to leverage the prevalent strong day rate environment for the deep water market," Chairman & CEO Mr. George Economou commented.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)