Chevron Orders New Build Tender Assist Rig
Seadrill has received a Letter of Award for a five-year contract for the tender assist rig T18 by Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production Ltd. Commencement of operations is scheduled for the first quarter 2014, following the delivery to Chevron of tender assist rigs T15 and T16 during 2013. The estimated value of the five-year contract is approximately $235 million.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management AS said, "We are pleased to see our longstanding relationship with Chevron strengthen further and the tender rig concept continue to advance in South East Asia. This agreement serves as an affirmation that our business plan for this asset class is well regarded."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)