Nexen Comes Up Dry at Stingray
Premier announced that the Stingray Exploration well (15/13b-11) drilled on License P1212 (Block 15/13b) has reached a total depth of 6,985 feet (2,129 meters) and is being plugged and abandoned as a dry hole (Premier 50 percent).
The next exploration well to be drilled by Premier in the UK North Sea is the Carnaby well on the Catcher acreage (UK Block 28/9) which Premier expects to spud towards the end of next week. The rig Sedco 711 (mid-water semisub) will then drill the Premier-operated Coaster prospect on the adjacent block to Carnaby (UK Block 28/10a).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)