Wintershall Granted Drilling Permit in North Sea
Wintershall Norge ASA (Wintershall) has received consent to carry out exploration drilling of well 33/6-4 with the Borgland Dolphin (mid-water semisub).
Well 33/6-4 belongs to production license 370 in the northern part of the North Sea, and is located approx. 111 miles (178 kilometers) west of the supply base outside Florø.
The well will be drilled at the following coordinates
- 61 degrees 38' 58.23" North
- 01 degrees 44' 01.55" East
Water depth at the site is 1,076 feet (328 meters).
The drilling operation will start in mid-May at the earliest and has an estimated duration of 46 days.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)