Shell's Takeover Battle for Cove Energy Almost Over
The takeover battle between Royal Dutch Shell and Thailand's state energy business PTT Exploration for East Africa-focused Cove Energy looks to be almost over. Shell and Cove released a joint statement Tuesday that declared Cove's directors would recommend Shell's offer, which values the business at $1.8 billion (GBP 1.1 billion), to its shareholders.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Cove Energy plc more info
- Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor (Apr 07)
- Ex-Cove Energy Team Launches Africa-focused Explorer (Mar 11)
- PTTEP Set to Raise $3B in Rights Offering; To Fund Cove Acquisition (Nov 30)