Reuters: Exxon, Rosneft to Finalize Arctic, N. America JV Deal Monday
ExxonMobil Corp. and Russian state oil champion OAO Rosneft are expected Monday to formalize joint-venture plans under which Rosneft will gain access to North American hydrocarbon resources in exchange for access to Russia's Arctic offshore, Reuters reported Friday, citing industry sources.
The heads of the two companies are expected to brief analysts on the project Wednesday in New York City, according to a copy of the invitation notice. For its part, Rosneft is expected to gain access to resources such as shale oil and shale gas.
Exxon said the company would post an announcement later Friday on its website regarding the Wednesday briefing. Rosneft declined comment to Reuters.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)