National Oilwell Varco to Buy Schlumberger's Wilson Segment
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. has entered into an agreement with Schlumberger Limited to purchase its Wilson distribution business segment. Terms of the all-cash transaction, which remains subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approval, were not disclosed.
"We are excited about the new market opportunities Wilson will open for our Company, and we look forward to welcoming the Wilson employees into National Oilwell Varco soon," said Chairman, President and CEO of National Oilwell Varco Pete Miller.
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Robotics and Automation: The Oil, Gas Skillsets of the Future (Nov 15)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)