Inpex Awards Technip Contract for Ichthys Field
Technip was awarded by Inpex Corporation a flexible pipe supply lump sum contract for the Ichthys gas field, in Australia. Inpex has novated this contract to McDermott as part of the overall subsea umbilical, riser, flowline EPCI contract. The Ichthys LNG project is a Joint Venture between Inpex (76%, the Operator) and Total (24%).
Gas from the Ichthys field, in the Browse Basin approximately 124 miles (200 kilometers) offshore Western Australia, will undergo preliminary processing offshore to remove water and extract condensate. The 552 miles (889 kilometers) Ichthys gas export pipeline will transport production from the offshore central processing facility through a subsea pipeline to the onshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility to be located at Blaydin Point, Darwin, Northern Australia. The Ichthys LNG project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak.
The ‘Supply A – Production & Gas Export Lines' contract includes:
- 1.86 miles (3 kilometers) of technologically advanced smooth bore 10" flexible gas export risers,
- 1.86 miles (3 kilometers) of 12" production risers.
Technip's operating center in Perth, Australia, will execute the contract with the flexible risers being manufactured at Technip's flexible plant in Le Trait, France. The contract is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2015.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)