Marathon Oil to Sell Alaska Assets to Hilcorp
Marathon Oil Corporation has entered into a definitive agreement with Hilcorp Alaska LLC, under which Hilcorp will purchase substantially all of Marathon Oil's Alaska assets. The companies expect to close the transaction, subject to completion of the necessary Government and regulatory approvals, by this fall.
With an effective date of Jan. 1, 2012, the sale includes 17 million barrels of oil equivalent of net proved reserves across 10 fields in the Cook Inlet, as well as natural gas storage, and interests in natural gas pipeline transmission systems. In 2011 net production averaged approximately 93 million cubic feet of natural gas per day and 112 barrels of oil per day. Additionally, Marathon Oil had approximately 12.5 billion cubic feet of natural gas in storage at the end of 2011.
The sale does not include Marathon Oil's Alaska onshore drilling rig, which is being marketed separately.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Hilcorp Energy more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Hilcorp, Carlyle Form Oil And Gas Partnership (Dec 18)
- ExxonMobil Selling Cook Inlet Assets, Remains Committed to Alaska (Jul 07)
- Alaska Environmental Officials Investigating Oil Line Leak (Mar 03)