ANP Approves Amazon Deal with TNK-BP
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian oil startup HRT Participacoes em Petroleo SA said Tuesday that local regulators approved the company's deal to sell a stake in Amazon rainforest exploration blocks to BP PLC's Russian joint venture TNK-BP Ltd.
In a regulatory filing, HRT said that Brazil's National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, approved the deal on March 28. TNK-Brasil Exploracao de Producao de Oleo e Gas Natural Ltda. will acquire a 45% stake in 21 exploration blocks in the Solimoes Basin for about $1 billion, according to previously released terms of the deal.
"HRT seeks to build a solid and successful partnership with TNK-Brasil," HRT Chief Executive Marcio Rocha Mello said in the statement. "The Solimoes project will benefit from the experience and expertise developed in Russia and the lessons learned through projects in Siberia, which share similar logistic challenges."
HRT operates the blocks with a 55% stake. HRT officials say the blocks contain potential reserves of between 4 billion and 6 billion barrels of light oil and between 10 trillion and 20 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)