Subsea 7 Scores SURF Gig Offshore Shetland
Subsea 7 S.A. announced the award of a SURF contract valued at approximately $175 million from ATP Oil & Gas (UK) Limited/Bluewater, the operator on the Cheviot Field, situated 75 miles (120 kilometers) East of Shetland. The Cheviot Field development will use a moored floating process facility which will import oil and gas from four satellite drill centers, allowing oil to be exported via shuttle tankers and gas to be exported to a third party host facility.
The contract scope includes the transportation and installation of the client provided flexible flowlines and risers, control umbilicals, the 4.2km 14" flexible oil export pipeline and the 30 miles (48 kilometers) 10" rigid gas pipeline, together with the fabrication and installation of associated subsea structures.
The contract scope also includes, post installation, the required trenching of the subsea lines, tie-in of the lines to the Octabuoy and drilling centers, testing and pre-commissioning activities for the entire field facilities.
Engineering and project management will commence from our Aberdeen office in 2012, with offshore operations due to begin in 2014.
"We are very pleased to be awarded this contract. Subsea 7 has a strong track record in performing similar work in the North Sea for ATP/Bluewater. We look forward to delivering this key field development, and in doing so further strengthening our relationship with ATP/Bluewater," said Subsea 7's Vice President Steph McNeill.
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)