Aker Solutions to Supply Subsea Connection Systems to Draugen Field
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract by A/S Norske Shell, to deliver subsea connection systems for the Draugen field on the Norwegian continental shelf. Contract value is approximately $18.4 million (NOK 105 million).
Scope of work includes the delivery of complete tie-in connection systems for production flowlines and umbilicals for the expansion of the Draugen field.
"Aker Solutions has supplied connection systems for the subsea installations on the Draugen field since 2002. We are pleased that we can continue to assist A/S Norske Shell to expand the field and increase the production with our solutions," said Alan Brunnen, executive vice president of Aker Solutions' subsea business area.
Management, engineering and procurement of the connection systems will be performed at Aker Solutions' head office in Fornebu, Norway. Equipment deliveries will be made from 2012 to 2013.
The Draugen field is located in block 6407/9 in the Haltenbanken area of the Norwegian Sea, which is situated about 87 miles (140 kilometers) from Kristiansund, Norway, at a sea depth of 820 feet (250 meters).
Aker Solutions' contract party is Aker Subsea AS.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)