First Subsea Snags Spar Mooring Connector Contract for Lucius Field
Deepwater mooring specialist, First Subsea Ltd has been awarded a contract by Technip USA Inc to supply the mooring line connectors for a new spar platform moored in 7,000 feet (2,134 meters) of water in the Lucius field, Keathley Canyon block 875 in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Lucius spar will be moored by nine Ballgrab ball and taper mooring connectors attached to polyester mooring lines. The Ballgrab connector comprises a male connector and female receptacle. The Series III male connectors will comply with the new ABS Mooring Guide 2009.
"This is significant contract, and marks our ninth spar mooring project for Technip," said Brian Green, general manager, First Subsea Ltd. "The flexibility and ease of deployment of Ballgrab ball and taper connectors will ensure the deepwater mooring goes smoothly. We look forward to working with Technip again."
Anadarko Petroleum operates the Lucius field (35%), and its partners are Plains E&P (23.3%), ExxonMobil (15%), Apache (11.7%), Petrobras (9.6%) and Eni (5.4%).
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: First Subsea Ltd more info
- First Subsea Wins Contract to Supply Libyan Vessel (Jan 07)
- First Subsea Grabs Mooring Contract for Heidelberg (Jul 18)
- First Subsea Finishes FPSO Mooring Offshore Angola (May 29)