Wood Group Lands Global SURF Deal with Shell
Wood Group Kenny has been awarded an Enterprise Frame Agreement (EFA) by Shell Global Solutions International BV (Shell) to provide subsea, umbilical, riser and flowline (SURF) engineering and construction management services to Shell worldwide, with primary focus on the Asia Pacific region, along with other project-specific awards in Europe.
The EFA was awarded for a term of five years with an option to extend for a further five years.
"We believe that Shell's achievements in the subsea industry are second to none, so this is a very important agreement for Wood Group Kenny as it will give us the opportunity to work on some of the most interesting and challenging projects in the world," said Steve Wayman, CEO of Wood Group Kenny.
Wood Group Kenny has already started work for Shell as part of the EFA, with a Front End Engineering Design study for the high temperature, high pressure Linnorm project in Norway, as well as work on the Prelude FLNG in Australia, the world's first floating liquefied natural gas project. In addition, Wood Group Kenny is supporting Shell on the Gumusut project in Malaysia, and will provide subsea and topsides support for the Subsea Well Response Project (SWRP), a multi-company initiative focusing on worldwide subsea well control incident intervention in the North Sea.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)