GSP Wins First Drilling Contract in N. Sea
Grup Servicii Petroliere SA (GSP) has been awarded a contract by Wintershall Noordzee B.V., for offshore drilling.
The first concerns the rig GSP Saturn (300' ILC), presently located on the continental shelf of Tunisia, which will be relocated to provide offshore drilling services under a long term contract, initially in the Dutch sector.
GSP Saturn is scheduled to start the drilling operations in May 2012. The agreement is for an initial 12-month period. The offshore drilling rig was subject of a recent extensive upgrading and reclassification project carried out in GSP Shipyard, Romania.
Stuart Oakley, GSP's CEO, "This contract marks the arrival of GSP in the North Sea market, in addition to our existing markets of the Black Sea, the Mediterranean, the Russian Federation and Mexico. Working from our established offices in Rotterdam and Aberdeen we anticipate further growth of our share of this market, and plan to bring additional assets to meet the North Sea demand."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Grup Servicii Petroliere S.A. (GSP) more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- TPAO Lines Up GSP Jackup for Turkey Drilling (Apr 26)
- GSP Wins First Drilling Contract in N. Sea (Mar 09)