El Paso Shareholders OK Kinder Morgan Merger
El Paso Corporation announced that its shareholders approved the merger with Kinder Morgan, Inc. during a special meeting of stockholders. Based on preliminary results, approximately 79 percent of El Paso's outstanding shares of common stock as of the record date were voted at the special meeting. Of the shares that were voted, more than 95 percent voted in favor of the merger.
"We are pleased that our shareholders overwhelmingly approved the pending merger with Kinder Morgan and we appreciate their support," said Doug Foshee, El Paso chairman, president and chief executive officer. "We view this as a tremendous outcome for our shareholders and customers, and we look forward to closing the transaction, which is still expected to occur in the second quarter."
El Paso will file a Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission with the final results as soon as they are available.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Kinder Morgan, DCP, Targa Decide on Gulf Coast Express (Dec 21)
- Kinder Morgan Canada Rises Most Since IPO on Pipeline Decision (Dec 08)
- Kinder Morgan Canada Wins Appeal On Trans Mountain Expansion (Dec 07)
Company: El Paso more info
- E&Y: 2012 'Record Year' for O&G Deals (Jan 24)
- FTC Approves Kinder Morgan Acquisition of El Paso (May 01)
- Sources: KNOC A Partner in El Paso E&P Acquisition (Mar 19)