EMAS AMC Wins Statoil SURF Contract in North Sea
EMAS, a leading global offshore contractor and provider of integrated offshore solutions to the oil and gas industry and operating brand for Ezra Holdings Limited, announced Monday it's subsea construction division, EMAS AMC, has been awarded a SURF (Subsea, Umbilical, Risers and Flowlines) contract for marine installation and pipe lay from Statoil valued at approximately $55 million. The subsea development, Fram H-Nord, is situated in the Troll C/Fram area in the northern part of the North Sea.
"We are very pleased to be awarded this contract from Statoil as it’s a major milestone for EMAS AMC. This demonstrates our abilities as an EPIC SURF player, and our capability for delivering complex projects," says Svein Haug Regional Head for EMAS AMC (Europe and Africa).
The Fram H Nord subsea development is the third phase of the development of the Fram Field which is tied back to the Troll C Platform. Fram H-Nord will be developed with one satellite well tied back to the existing infrastructure at Fram Vest A2 template via twin flowlines and a control and service umbilical.
The contract scope includes the engineering, procurement, transport and installation of one 10” flexible production and one 4” gas injection flowline both 3.3 miles (5.3 kilometers) long as well as all activities necessary for the installation of the following:
- Integrated Template Structure & Manifold
- Subsea Control Umbilical
- Near-by Protection Structures
- Tie-ins of all lines to the Fram H Nord and Fram Vest A2 manifolds plus pre-commissioning/testing (RFO)
- Trenching and rock dumping of all line systems
- In addition the supply and installation of protection covers over tie-in areas at Fram H Nord and Fram Vest A2 templates
Engineering, procurement and planning activities will commence immediately, and the offshore work is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2013. Vessels from EMAS AMCs modern construction fleet will be utilized. The contract will be managed out of EMAS AMC’s Oslo office.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: EMAS Offshore Ltd. more info
- EMAS Offshore Posts 3Q FY16 Net Loss of $23M, Revenue Down 41% to $35M (Jul 15)
- EMAS Offshore Secures $32M Contracts to Supply OSVs in SE Asia, West Africa (May 11)
- Ezra, EMAS Offshore to Sell 78.4% Stake in FPSO Lewek Emas (Apr 15)