Lundin Ups Stake at Brynhild Field
Lundin Petroleum AB has entered into an agreement with Talisman Energy Norge AS to acquire an additional 30 percent interest in PL148 containing the Brynhild field, offshore Norway. Following the acquisition, Lundin Petroleum will hold a 100 percent interest in PL148.
The Plan of Development for the Brynhild field was approved by the Norwegian government in November 2011 and execution of the project is proceeding. The Brynhild field is forecast to produce first oil in late 2013 at a gross plateau production of 12,000 barrels of oil per day.
The transaction is subject to the approval of the Norwegian authorities.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)