Petrobras Awards Technip Lump Sum Contract Offshore Brazil
Technip was awarded by Petrobras a highly technological lump sum contract for the Guara & Lula Nordeste pre-salt field development located in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil, at a water depth of 7,381 feet (2,250 meters).
The contract covers the manufacture of 24 kilometers of 6" gas injection flexible lines rated for 552 bars (7,850 pound-force per square inch) design pressure:
- 2 x 200 meters top risers designed with Technip's innovative Teta-Clip pressure vault technology,
- 4 x 1,400 meters of intermediate and bottom risers,
- 11 miles (18 kilometers) of flowlines.
The gas injection lines will be used to re-inject produced gas into the reservoir to respect new Brazilian environmental regulation.
Frédéric Delormel, Technip Executive Vice President and COO Subsea, stated, "This very innovative solution developed by our French & Brazilian R&D teams takes Technip further to meet corrosion & fatigue requirements, which increased with pre-salt field developments. Our success in this first pre-salt tender for gas injection flexible risers demonstrates the leading edge position of our Teta-Clip pressure vault technology to meet such high internal pressure and high tension requirements, and comfort us in our investment to build our new flexible plant in Açu, Brazil, which will be capable to manufacture this type of high-end products."
The pipelines will be manufactured at Technip's flexible pipe plants and delivered in two batches, the first one in 2012 and the second in the first quarter of 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)