Centrica Acquires Assets in North Sea
Centrica plc has reached an agreement with Total E&P UK Limited (and its affiliates) to acquire their non-operated portfolio of producing oil and gas assets and associated infrastructure in the Central North Sea (CNS) for a total cash consideration of $388 million (GBP 246 million). Around 20 percent of the consideration is allocated to UK tax allowances.
The portfolio includes seven producing fields in three major areas: Greater Armada, the Alba field and the Mungo and Monan cluster. Centrica's share in these fields has an estimated 22 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) of 2P reserves (36% gas, 64% oil), increasing its reserves by approximately 5 percent, and is expected to produce 9,300 boe per day in 2012. The oil and gas is mostly un-contracted and linked directly to the UK market.
The acquisition is expected to add immediate strong cash flow and increase Centrica's scale in the CNS region. The transaction will also help to maintain the mix of oil in its upstream portfolio.
Mark Hanafin, Managing Director of Centrica Energy, said, "Today's announcement marks another step in the growth of our upstream oil and gas business. This acquisition in the North Sea provides a good fit with our existing portfolio and strategy, bringing strong cash flow and adding value for Centrica. It underlines our commitment to invest where we see attractive opportunities, securing future energy supplies for the UK."
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)