PSA Greenlights Statoil's Statfjord B Extension
Statoil Petroleum AS has received consent to use Statfjord B beyond its design lifetime.
Statfjord is an oil field located on both sides of the demarcation line between the Norwegian and UK continental shelves in the Tampen area. Statfjord B is located in the southern part of the field and started producing in 1982.
Based on the assessments made in connection with the application and a desire to utilize Statfjord B for as long as prudent as regards safety, technical and financial aspects, Statoil has applied for a 20-year lifetime extension from August 31, 2011.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)