Anadarko, Cove Energy Find Further Gas in Mozambique
East Africa-focused Cove Energy reported Tuesday that, along with operator Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, it has encountered a further 577 net feet of natural gas pay offshore Mozambique.
- 577 net feet (176 meters) of natural gas pay encountered.
- Extension of gas accumulation. Lagosta 3, the eighth successful well to drill in the world class Windjammer, Lagosta, Barquentine and Camarão ("WLBC") gas complex, found high quality gas sands not well imaged by seismic data thus confirming the gas accumulation to the western limits of the WLBC gas complex, into what was an unknown area.
- Reservoir Communication. Pressure readings confirm important reservoir continuity of Lagosta 3 to Lagosta 1 and 2 and to the Windjammer/Camarão wells further north.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Cove Energy plc more info
- Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor (Apr 07)
- Ex-Cove Energy Team Launches Africa-focused Explorer (Mar 11)
- PTTEP Set to Raise $3B in Rights Offering; To Fund Cove Acquisition (Nov 30)