Tethys Pens MOU for Uzbek Exploration
Tethys Petroleum Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") with the Uzbek State oil and gas company Uzbekneftegaz. The objective of this MOU is to provide the framework for a Joint Study and the negotiation process for an Exploration Agreement relating to certain exploration blocks in the North Ustyurt Basin of Uzbekistan.
Dr. David Robson, Chief Executive Officer of Tethys, commented, "This MOU is an excellent step forward with our partners Uzbekneftegaz to potentially work together on exploring the North Ustyurt basin in Uzbekistan - a basin in which we have already had good exploration success. We believe that our extensive modeling of the Doris oil discovery and surrounding area can be very useful if applied to the Uzbek portion of the basin which we believe has very similar geological characteristics and excellent oil and gas prospectivity."
- Tethys Pens MOU for Uzbek Exploration (Feb 01)
- Tethys Signs MOU with Uzbekneftegaz (Nov 18)
- ONGC, Uzbekneftegaz Join Forces in Uzbek Exploration (May 18)
Company: Tethys Petroleum Limited more info
- AGR Demands Speedy Loan Repayment from Tethys Petroleum (Nov 25)
- Tethys Told to Withdraw from Tajikistan Exploration Project (Oct 12)
- Nostrum Withdraws Tethys Takeover Offer, AGR Proposes Share Deal (Oct 07)